crumpininbemidji

Monday, March 06, 2006

Consciencsious Imbeciles

Hello Hello, been busy typing up lesson plans and giving the illusion that I am a very organized well put togather person. That lame Peter dude I wrote about earlier is here to observe Leah and I teach this week. He observed Leah today and then I'm up on Thursday. So in my ESL lesson today I was trying to explain what thorough meant. I was impromtu writing a definition on the board and one really shy kid suggests consciencsious as a way to define someone who is thorough -there was no way I was going to spell that word correctly on the board and so I told him "that's not quite right" -even though the definition was right on. I'm affraid I'm becoming a fraud of an Eglish teacher who can't spell. any tips? So I have to go out to dinner with this big bafoon. Leah and I are ordering a large bottle of wine on him. I'll keep you posted as to how my lesson on Thursday goes. It's hard to beleive that after that observation I'll be pretty much free as far as obligations to the University go. Miss you guys. I've been in hybernation mode the last couple of days lots of napping and reading. just started Quarters of an Orange by ???Harris -the girl who wrote Chocolat. A lovely book for anyone looking a get away from their studies. Miss you gals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home