witch burning
Heya guys, How you doin MarMar? .-So sorry sweetie... So here's a silly story I've learned recently that might cheer y'all up. So we've got witch burning tomarrow and then I learned another even more bizzar Czech tradition. It's like a spring valentines thing -if you are a in a romatic relationship -on Monday all the guys are suppose to bring the girls under a cherry tree and kiss them -sweet huh? -excpet that the tradition goes that if the boys don't do this the girls will shrivel up and die. -Yet another bizzar Czech tradtion. - You've got me. As for thewitch buring I've asked a couple people to explain the whole witch burning thing. It doesn't seemlike the most PC thing I've ever heard and so far the only answer I've received it" you burn the witch so that spring can come" Mar canyou shed anymore light on this? So I've had a really good time then last couple weeks here. Leah left on Wednessday to go to London. I decided not to go becuase I'm poor-ass and can only afford to spend my money in easter europe these days. So this is the first time I've been on my own -on my own in a long time, and at first I was a bit intimidated becuase we don't have aton of friends but so far I've had three really good days in a row. I went to this fabulous Tango band from Uraguay ( wasn't that one of the countries we were suppose to learn katie and anna?)-the music was really fabulous -very modern with computer beat boxy stuff -definitely inspired me to learn the Tango and move to South America. I'm really serious about the last part any one inteested in moving to South America?? I think we could make a life down there -for a couple years at least. So yeah, the concert was in this abandonned factory -technically still in Prague I was told but no part of Prague I had ever been in -there were green feilds and stray dogs -pretty sketch but a really fun night of dancing. The next day I had dinner at a buddies house tastey curry mmm. And then yesterday I found this global village like coffee shop with not one but two store cats and a big fat golden retreiver. I was pretty much entertianed for quite a while.Then last night we saw some more music celtic music palyed by all Czech (a first) The flutist was really hot we hung out in the bathroom smiling at each other while we waited for a toilet but alas he spoke no english and my czech hasn't matured much past my first coule weeks here -so it must have been not-meant-to-be. hmmm What else.. no plans for tonight I could use some downtime though, tomarrow I'm headed to Terizene a concentration camp/ Ghetto located in southern Bohemia. I'm not too sure what to think I've never been to anything like that but I very interested. Hopefully to lighten the mood a little -my friend Sarah and I are able to find a witch bonfire to drink a couple beers at. And on Monday I'm going to some kind of castle somewhere in the Czech republic -I'm blanking on the name right now but supposedly it has really good hiking trails and sme hot springs. So this is what I've been a'doin. I also need to try to get a trip to Croatia booked this week thats been another thing on the todo list. Anyone have any tips about Croatia? I'm really looking forward to that trip and having marmar over here. Katie I can't beleive you are down to your last couple weeks in Mexico -live it up my little latin lolita. I can't wait to sit down with you and hear everything face to face. Anna you're billiant and your going to save the world one day with the education you are undergoing right now. Say hi to the frogs for me joe and good luck with your ed finals. -em

2 Comments:
At 10:05 AM,
Emily said…
yeah oodles of mistakes on that ...no excuses just too lazy to spell czech
p.s I learned one more favorite British phrase -it's all gone pear shaped -meaning it's all going to shit basically -miss yous
At 7:13 AM,
Joe said…
I've heard that one. How 'bout:
"I'm right chuffed with tha(t)! It's bang on!
Then I might reply:
"Tha's dead nice tha is."
someone who didn't approved might mutter:
"your 'aving a tin baff (bath) mon (man)"
to which one would rightly reply:
"Bolluks! I'll 'ave you ar kid!!"
Post a Comment
<< Home