crumpininbemidji

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day!

Hey everyone! I know it is not earth day in your respective parts of the world (except for you marmar) but I thought I would extend a healthy happy earth day to you all. The weather is beautiful! We are going to grill out tonight and have Nana and Pa over. It should be nice. So the trip to the Farm was a MAJOR success!! Erik is probably one of the coolest people I have ever met. He is 26 and runs a Community Supproted Agricultural Farm by himself. He has chickens, sheep, horses and pigs. He cooked us a phenomenal meal of leg of lamb, with roasted red peppers oninons and garlic, potatoes with parsnips onions garlic and leeks, baked homemade bread and a salad comprised of wild greens, beets, carrots, hard boiled eggs. And get this.....EVERYTHING we consumed was directly from his farm. It was incredible! It was just what I needed. A rejuvinating outing to see amazing people doing amazing things. I ended the day off with a trip to bridgeds to see Brian Miller play music with Paddy O'Brian (I know can you be any more of an irish stereotype) an accordian player. I saw lots of great locals and smiles and I feel much better today. Thank you for your kind words em and katie. School continues to be the down point in my life but I am getting excited about the possibility of doing my thesis with Barb and the STAR program. My mom and I brainstormed all day about our Community Environmental Center we want to start. It is fun to dream and even more fun to think dreams can become a reality (*think twice before you poopoo it you'll see boys* thats for you katie! :)) I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you at the end of may!! I will keep you posted as to my survival through the next few weeks! LOVE anna ---by the way---I totally agree about the dancing! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    what do you call an Irish guy on a porch with no arms and no legs...


    Paddy O'Furnature

    oh yes, I said it.

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    hehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home