crumpininbemidji

Monday, October 16, 2006

halla

I feel I need to rally the bloggers back around the blog. Even though 4/5's of us are currently living in the same town that should not deter the blog. I still want to hear quaint antecdotes about life in b-town both b-towns actually. So I'm calling yall out. It has taken me a long time to post this time around. The last month and a half have been busy and strange to sum it up in two words. Finally I have a spare morning to sit down and write. And it is a beautiful “spare” morning on lost lake, I must say. I am at my kitchen table in the cabin. The sun is slanting in through the window as I sit here with my cup of coffee and gaze over the snow spackled yard and dark blue lake. And you Mar, are miles away, alas. And Anna and Katie and Joe are busy doing Anna and Katie and Joe things.
How are you all? Have you adjusted to fall and the new schedules that came along with it? I'm slowly starting to. I have been trying to make this drafty cabin a bit more winter proof. Dad installed a wood stove for me and so Katie and I are going to have to try and keep it going through out the winter. It should be interesting, I’ve never had good luck at starting fires. The fire’s a rip roaring right now. It has been cold the last week. We were frosted about mid week. So Tuesday, I was dashing around the gardens trying to salvage the last of the veggies, some herbs to dry and as many flowers as I could pick. So every room in the cabin is filled with a boquet of flowers. Damn minnesota’s short growing season.
When I try to summarize to people how I have been occupying my time here and I think I come off as a bit prematurely middle aged... To bed by 10:30, making soap, canning, grading. life has slowed down quite a bit and while I wasn't nessisarily ready for that -after Prague I just wanted to keep going, I definitely appreciate the grounding affects of being in contact with you guys and living out here again. So thanks for that. love to you all, em

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home