blessed bass bark
sweaty and empty handed I hiked back to the bug. In truth it was more of an exploratoy expidition anyway... I had been grouse hunting on some state land near our new house with little luck... unless my goal was a nice hike which, I argued with myself, it was.
my keyless car entry invisably unlatched my trunk and I peeled off some cock-a-burr ridden blaze orange. I sheathed my unsatisfied weapon and dumped out a pocket full of shotgun shells. with perhaps more force than was necessary I slammed down the trunk... at the same instant that I realized my hand was conspicuously empty of keys...
although one check of my pants pockets was enough to confirm the truth of the matter, I checked and re-checked multiple times. Only after I had satisfied myself that no hidden pocket kept the sought after device did I begin to face the problem. I was a few miles from home and I was locked out of my car... a car that only had one set of keys to begin with.
with this incodent behind me, I can easily tell you how NOT to enter a locked car in the middle of the woods without any tools. also, it is important to note that one should be careful when attempting to dislodge a wedge of spruce from between the door and the frame of a 1998 beetle, lest the wood should suddenly lurch free and take a chunk of flesh from your gums...
BUT, I can also tell you how to successfully open that locked bug! tedious though it may be, a thin strip of basswood bark tied into a slip knot may just, with a dash of luck, be enough to catch a downed lock unaware! with a small gap held open by the afore mentioned spruce and just the right angle, one might be able to swing the loop around that skinney beast and draw the line tight before he is any the wiser! yes, this will work and the satisfaction of succedding in the task might be enough for me to encourage you to try it yourself... but then again, you might rather just want to keep an extra set of keys handy.
my keyless car entry invisably unlatched my trunk and I peeled off some cock-a-burr ridden blaze orange. I sheathed my unsatisfied weapon and dumped out a pocket full of shotgun shells. with perhaps more force than was necessary I slammed down the trunk... at the same instant that I realized my hand was conspicuously empty of keys...
although one check of my pants pockets was enough to confirm the truth of the matter, I checked and re-checked multiple times. Only after I had satisfied myself that no hidden pocket kept the sought after device did I begin to face the problem. I was a few miles from home and I was locked out of my car... a car that only had one set of keys to begin with.
with this incodent behind me, I can easily tell you how NOT to enter a locked car in the middle of the woods without any tools. also, it is important to note that one should be careful when attempting to dislodge a wedge of spruce from between the door and the frame of a 1998 beetle, lest the wood should suddenly lurch free and take a chunk of flesh from your gums...
BUT, I can also tell you how to successfully open that locked bug! tedious though it may be, a thin strip of basswood bark tied into a slip knot may just, with a dash of luck, be enough to catch a downed lock unaware! with a small gap held open by the afore mentioned spruce and just the right angle, one might be able to swing the loop around that skinney beast and draw the line tight before he is any the wiser! yes, this will work and the satisfaction of succedding in the task might be enough for me to encourage you to try it yourself... but then again, you might rather just want to keep an extra set of keys handy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home