crumpininbemidji

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Haikus Inspired by Scoolcraft Itasca Retreat

Schoolcraft hostel youth
Riding tandem through the pines
grind it and find it

I'll take my drugs now
rather than waiting for hurt
A pretty sunset

Fish in my belly
Douglas Lodge you are my friend
coasting to freedom

Canoe deluge tie
the Mississippi delta
where did Anna go?

Comfy chair, sweet nap
directed self reflection
the water is great

Wildly spinning spokes
now I'm biking through your dreams
free and breezy me

Odors float freely
poor taste from Uncle Willy
feel the mighty wind

I want some cheesecake
Scott promised it must be true
midnight rendezvous

Let's go for a swim
Frilly swimsuit for Linda
into the deep blue

The knots in my neck
my friends fingers are magic
away and be gone

Melodies and flames
blending voices in the dark
someone pick a key

Awaiting the kids
School is about to begin
Laughter and sadness

Children are waiting
the year begins with a song
Stay low to the ground

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home