lonely Friday
When I was 10 years old, I bought a new outfit at Target. one I was really excited about. It had Mickey Mouse down one half of the button down blouse with leggings, scrunch socks and high top dockers shoes. I strutted into Mrs. Falk's 5th grade classroom like no one could even touch my awesomeness....until I met the likes of Nick Martinka and Eddie Johnson who promptly looked me up and down, smirked and said "nice outfit"... they chuckled to themselves for a bit while I re-evaluated my get-up and decided that I was born to be the loser I was inevitably going to be my entire life....
I had the pleasure of spending the last 48 hours with 10 year olds and their will to mock and dismiss each other... with any luck at all, I caught such instances and encouraged 'diplomacy'; for lack of a better word. This was being done all the while uncle willy was putting out fires with a select few individuals, speaking figuratively as well as literally. We canoed our way down the mighty Mississippi, doing our best to imitate Louis and Clark the only way we knew how... our only true saving grace coming in the form of a chubby French fellow named Francois. He cooked us authentic food and told us telling tales of the wary traveler and the coyotes...
I find my peace now in the quiet of my home. I await my home bound friends and look forward to relaxation. I fear the carefree days have passed me by like a forlorn hitchhiker on an endless highway. Here is to the newness of life and all its adventures...
I had the pleasure of spending the last 48 hours with 10 year olds and their will to mock and dismiss each other... with any luck at all, I caught such instances and encouraged 'diplomacy'; for lack of a better word. This was being done all the while uncle willy was putting out fires with a select few individuals, speaking figuratively as well as literally. We canoed our way down the mighty Mississippi, doing our best to imitate Louis and Clark the only way we knew how... our only true saving grace coming in the form of a chubby French fellow named Francois. He cooked us authentic food and told us telling tales of the wary traveler and the coyotes...
I find my peace now in the quiet of my home. I await my home bound friends and look forward to relaxation. I fear the carefree days have passed me by like a forlorn hitchhiker on an endless highway. Here is to the newness of life and all its adventures...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home