crumpininbemidji

Sunday, April 09, 2006

spring ahead

Hey everyone! I am slowly adjusting to the time change it has been over a week but still feel sleep deprived. I wish it were fall back, spring back so we just kept gaining hours. probably wouldn't make much sense now would it. It is nice to have the sun shining longer into the evening. The weather here has been fabulous! sunny, not a cloud in the sky! Joe went to DL this weekend to do some maple syruping with his fam and I had to stay and write a paper. Still kind of fun, oh wait, not really. But the sun was a nice distraction. I am writing about sustainable use practices on Minnesota lakes and am really interested in the topic, It is nice to focus on something local. Speaking of which my thesis keeps circling back around to a look into environmental education in the bemidji area, liking to keep it local, I think I want to see what schools are teaching along the lines of environmental issues and at what age, I think I will work within the STAR program then and study the effects of that type of education as opposed to direct classroom curriculum. We'll see, I have to come up with something soon, my program won't wait much longer. I have decided not to do the TA thing this summer with the Neilson spearhead center because my boss right now needs a lot of help and he has offered me some money to keep on with them. I think that will be best for me at this point. Still not sure about the boundary waters opportunity but am thinking of TA-ing for Intro to Environmental Studies next fall. Still bummed that I can't frolic around europe or soak in the rays in Mexico with you guys but we're planning a fishing trip to canada with some buds durring that time which should take my mind off of missing you guys so much! I wonder if it will be successful. Joe and Dad and I are doing a canoe paddle making workshop with the OPC on thursday! My friend John and his friend Anna are going to walk us through the steps to making bent shaft paddles. I am pretty excited about that. I hear goochie is coming back into town about the same time all of you are so we will have to have a shindig and share stories. I have really enjoyed this blog...thanks em for setting it up, It brightens my day when I hear all of your crazy stories. Katie, I am not suprised your 'brother' has fallen in love with you, what a great way to learn spanish! :) Em, congrats on finishing your program, I can't believe you have entered into the world of education, I am going to have to start calling you Ms. Hanrahan! Marmar, Your antics make me laugh! Good luck with the end of the semester! You will have to let us know how your computer project turns out. I can't wait to see all of you! Sorry I scared you with the title of my last entry, grabbed your attention though :) Love you!!
anna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home