Frozen Tundra...Ummm no
I have to say I am not quite jealous of your situation up there in good ol Northern MN, but it would be nice to have an actual winter! The weather here is pretty dull, cold and drizzly, this morning there was a dusting of snow, but it melts quickly. The sun shines seldomly and we all anxiously await spring which apparantly comes in Late April. So I have settled in now and am having a good time, yesterday was hard, I don't know exactly why...some days are just harder than others I guess. But I did get to pick my group and project yesterday and I think it will work out well! I am working with a Danish girl named Helle (26) and we are going to do a study on Public Participation and Technological Innovation with a comparative look at Wind Energy Development in Denmark and Minnesota (pretty much what I wanted to do in the first place! yay!) Hopefully through the process we will come up with a suggestion on how Minnesotans can effectively propose and implement a renewable energy sector, based on the resources we have.
It worked out really well, Helle said last semester she wanted to focus on Renewable energy techologies, and their barriers and opportunities to implementation in a US state. (how lucky am I huh?) She seems really nice, very motivated and dedicated to her studies...I hope I can keep up. There is still a potential that A woman named Michelle (30) will be joining us and adding a more technical side to the project.
There is Salsa dancing tonight in town, apparantly there is a free lesson on thursdays and afterwards an open dance...apparantly a lot of the international students from my Kolligium go every Thursday. So I think I might join them tonight...there is nothing like a little humiliation right? Anyway this French guy Phillip is really into it and has been quite successful at rallying the others to join in.
I love the diversity my surroundings provide, but the environment is so similar to that of Northern MN I am getting the desire to go to a place completely different. We had 'tea time' yesterday afternoon after classes. Phillip (the salsa dancer), Javi and Gabi (two guys from Spain also in my study program), and Perry (a guy from the UK who is actually leaving soon). I think it will take a while to really get to know everyone to a level with which we are all comfortable, but things are going really well. I really do love it here, and think of you all every day. I am thinking of starting up a dinner night at the Kolligium and possibly coordinating themes with you all...I here this week is Chocolate! YUM! We'll see how much influence I actually have.
I love hearing from all of you! Katie, I am so proud of you for kicking ass in your fitness class...challenge that old guy to a streach test! That'll show him! Em, stay in hibernation mode, I absolutely love that feeling...very 'hygge' = cozy which is very improtant in the Danish Culture!! Marmar, I hope everything is going well fill us in when you can...and joe, you WOULD like the cold you crazy coot face! :) love you all, sorry for the long blog, hope you are still reading...till next time!
~Anna
It worked out really well, Helle said last semester she wanted to focus on Renewable energy techologies, and their barriers and opportunities to implementation in a US state. (how lucky am I huh?) She seems really nice, very motivated and dedicated to her studies...I hope I can keep up. There is still a potential that A woman named Michelle (30) will be joining us and adding a more technical side to the project.
There is Salsa dancing tonight in town, apparantly there is a free lesson on thursdays and afterwards an open dance...apparantly a lot of the international students from my Kolligium go every Thursday. So I think I might join them tonight...there is nothing like a little humiliation right? Anyway this French guy Phillip is really into it and has been quite successful at rallying the others to join in.
I love the diversity my surroundings provide, but the environment is so similar to that of Northern MN I am getting the desire to go to a place completely different. We had 'tea time' yesterday afternoon after classes. Phillip (the salsa dancer), Javi and Gabi (two guys from Spain also in my study program), and Perry (a guy from the UK who is actually leaving soon). I think it will take a while to really get to know everyone to a level with which we are all comfortable, but things are going really well. I really do love it here, and think of you all every day. I am thinking of starting up a dinner night at the Kolligium and possibly coordinating themes with you all...I here this week is Chocolate! YUM! We'll see how much influence I actually have.
I love hearing from all of you! Katie, I am so proud of you for kicking ass in your fitness class...challenge that old guy to a streach test! That'll show him! Em, stay in hibernation mode, I absolutely love that feeling...very 'hygge' = cozy which is very improtant in the Danish Culture!! Marmar, I hope everything is going well fill us in when you can...and joe, you WOULD like the cold you crazy coot face! :) love you all, sorry for the long blog, hope you are still reading...till next time!
~Anna

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home